Whiteface is a town in Cochran County, Texas, United States. The population was 465 at the 2000 census. According to the Handbook of Texas, "The name of the town came from rancher C. C. Slaughter's Whiteface Camp and Whiteface Pasture, which were named in turn for the cattle on his ranch."
Former Whiteface Hotel, now a museum
The community was founded in 1924, but it was moved several miles the next year to be at the railroad.
Oil was discovered near the town in 1937.
Whiteface was incorporated in 1945.
Whiteface is located on the high plains of the Llano Estacado at (33.6000974, -102.6138084).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.6 square miles (1.6 km2), all of it land.
Whiteface is located on State Highway 114 and is west of Lubbock, Texas.
The city of Whiteface is served by the Whiteface Consolidated Independent School District and home to the Whiteface High SchoolAntelopes.